Lentil and spinach balti
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This cheap, quick and easy curry recipe is perfect if you're short of time but need a tasty dinner to feed the family. It's also a great way to sneak some healthy veg into your diet
- 410g can green lentils, drained
- 380g can leaf spinach, drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp balti curry paste
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 20g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- Naan bread
You could use your favourite curry powder as an alternative to curry paste
- Heat oil in a wok, or deep sided frying pan. Fry onion until soft, add the garlic and fry for 1 min.
- Stir in curry paste and gently fry for 1 min.
- Stir in tomatoes, stock and lentils, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in spinach and gently heat through.
- Remove from heat, stir in coriander.
- Serve with warm naan bread and chutney.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 313(kcal)
- Fat 7.7g
- Saturates 0.6g
- Sugars 6.7g
- Salt 0.4g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.