Cheese and ham muffins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These cheesy muffins are a great after school snack and they couldn't be easier to make. Just add cheese and ham to a basic muffin mix for a delicious savoury snack
- 6 slices of ham
- 190g Cheddar cheese
- 75g butter
- 1 egg
- 250ml milk
- 300g self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- a pinch of sea salt
Use blue cheese and parma ham for a posh treat
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375ºF/gas mark 5. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Cut the ham into 1cm chunks, and grate the Cheddar or chop it roughly.
- Cut the butter into pieces. Beat the egg in a bowl with the milk.
- Sieve the flour, paprika and salt into a large mixing bowl, and rub the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the ham and cheese, then pour in the egg and milk mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.