- 410g jar mincemeat
- 30g (1oz) pecans, chopped
- 60g (2oz) dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 425g packet (2 sheets) puff pastry
- A little beaten egg
- 60g (2oz) golden, or white, icing sugar
- 2 baking sheets, lined with Bakewell paper
Freeze one tray ready to bake for unexpected guests. Bake from frozen, as above, for 25-30 mins.
- Mix the mincemeat, pecans, apricots and sherry in a bowl.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Unroll one sheet of pastry on a work surface with the short end facing you. Spread over half the mincemeat mixture, leaving a 2.5cm (1in) border along the shortest edge, furthest away from you. Brush this pastry edge with beaten egg.
- Roll up the pastry tightly, away from you, like a Swiss roll. Press down the pastry edge. Wrap in cling film and pop it in the freezer for 10 mins to firm up. Repeat with the other pastry sheet and remaining mincemeat mixture.
- Cut the ends off each roll and discard, then slice each roll into 10. Using a palette knife, lift the rounds on to the baking sheets, spacing them well apart. Bake for 25 mins until puffed and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually stir a few drops of hot water to make a smooth icing. With a teaspoon, or piping bag, drizzle icing over the palmiers.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 170(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.