Maltesers chocolate pudding with caramel sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This tasty and simple Maltesers chocolate pudding is a perfectly sweet and gooey cake with a blend of white chocolate Maltesers, sponge and caramel. Serve this sticky dessert, made with Maltesers chocolate, straight from the oven for the best results. The caramel sauce is rich and perfectly complements the malt crunch of the chocolate scattered through out the sponge. Malt-tease your guests with this for a special occasion or just as a family treat at the end of the week as it is really cheap and simple to throw together. It’s perfect if you ever have white Maltesers in the cupboard you need to use up (although we can’t realistically imagine when this might happen…) The biggest challenge here is trying not to scoff too many of them whilst you’re making it.
- 125g white chocolate Maltesers
- 150g soft brown muscovado sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa plus 3tbsp
- 100g low fat natural bio yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 75g butter, melted
- 100g caster sugar
- 3tbsp water
For a larger family size pud, try baking in a large dish – just add 20 minutes onto the cooking time
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Grease 6 individual oven-proof dishes or ramekins.
- Place the Maltesers in a large mixing bowl along with the sugar, flour and 25g cocoa.
- Whisk together the yoghurt, vanilla, eggs and butter. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Transfer to the dishes.
- Make a caramel by dissolving the sugar in the water then bubble until golden without stirring. Pour in 300ml boiling water - being careful as it may splutter – stir in the remaining cocoa then gently pour over the pudding batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the sponge is springy to the touch.
- Serve with crème fraiche or vanilla ice cream.