Cranberry and mincemeat filo tarts
- 270g packet (6 sheets) filo pastry,defrosted if frozen
- 410g jar mincemeat
- 125g (4oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 8 x 7.5cm (3in) Yorkshire pudding tins, brushed with butter
Cover tarts with foil to prevent the filo pastry browning too much.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Cut the stack of filo pastry sheets into 10cm (4in) squares. Cover with cling film while you work with them.
- Layer up 4 filo pastry squares in the base of a tin, brushing each layer with butter and arranging the pastry at alternate angles, like the points of a star. Repeat with the rest of the pastry to make 8 tarts. Bake for 10 mins until crisp and golden.
- Spoon the mincemeat into the filo tarts and push several cranberries into each one. Bake for 5 mins, just until the cranberries are softened slightly.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 292(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.