- 3tbsp olive oil
- 4tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp Tabasco
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp paprika
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 100g (3½oz) macadamia nuts
- 100g (3½oz) salted pecans
- 100g (3½oz) natural shelled almonds
- Sea salt
- Sterilised jar
TO GIVE: Put with a trendy piece of kitchen equipment, like a griddle pan, and some flavoured oil. (For flavoured oil: Peel a strip of lemon zest from an unwaxed lemon, twist it around a wooden skewer and push into a small bottle of olive oil. Push in a couple of sprigs of sage and re-seal the bottle.)
- Set the oven to gas mark 3 or 160°C. Put the oil, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and maple syrup in a small roasting pan and heat in the oven for 2 mins.
- Add the nuts and toss everything together to coat. Cook for 10-15 mins.
- Tip the nuts out on to kitchen paper to drain and sprinkle immediately with a generous amount of salt. Put nuts into the jar, seal, label and store for up to 3 months.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 616(kcal)
- Fat 59.0g
- Saturates 6.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.