Goose fat roast potatoes
- 2kg (4½lb) large potatoes for roasting (eg, Maris Piper, King Edwards, Desiree or Kestrel), peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp goose fat
- Put the potatoes into a large pan of cold water, bring to the boil and then cook for 8 minutes until tender. Drain well, keeping the water for cooking the other vegetables or making the stock for the gravy.
- Meanwhile, set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Spoon the goose fat into a large, shallow roasting tin and put in the oven for at least 10 minutes to heat up.
- Put the drained potatoes back in the pan, place over a medium heat and shake the pan to “rough up” the edges.
- Tip the potatoes into the hot fat in the roasting tin and turn them so that they’re coated in fat. Roast for 30 minutes, then turn them and cook for a further 30 minutes or more, until they’re crisp.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 200(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.