- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp chicken tikka curry paste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 200g (7oz) cooked turkey, sliced
- 100g (3½oz) basmati rice
- 300ml (1/2 pint) hot chicken stock
This recipe will also be fine with leftover cooked chicken, lamb or beef.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the red onion and fry for about 7 minutes, until softened and browned. Set aside about a third of the onion.
- Add the curry paste, garlic, turkey, rice and stock to the pan. Cover and cook for 25 minutes, until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed. Sprinkle reserved onion on top.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 460(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.