Sweet chilli prawn stir-fry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons
- 60g (2oz) red cabbage, finely shredded
- 125g (4oz) or 2 blocks medium egg noodles
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 400g pack frozen raw king prawns, defrosted and drained
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 4tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
You can use green cabbage, sprouts or red pepper instead of red cabbage.
- Bring 600ml (1 pint) water to the boil in a wok or large pan. Add a pinch of salt, the carrot ribbons and red cabbage, and cook for 2 mins, to blanch them. Rest a colander over a pan, drain the vegetables from the wok into the colander, reserving the water in the pan. Set aside the vegetables.
- Return the water in the pan to the boil. Add the noodles, cook for 4 mins, to soften, then drain and rinse through with cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in the wok, add the prawns and cook for about 3 mins, until they turn pink all over. Add the white part of the spring onions, the blanched carrot and cabbage, the noodles and the sweet chilli sauce. Stir-fry for a few minutes to warm it all through. Serve in bowls, sprinkled with chopped spring onion tops.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 290(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.