Jumbo herby sausage rolls
- 425g packet puff pastry (containing 2 pastry sheets)
- 2 sage leaves
- 6 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 6 good-quality sausages
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 baking sheets, 1 lined with baking parchment
For a lower-fat option, just use 1 sheet of the pastry.
- Set the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6 and heat up a baking tray in it.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Place 6 sage leaves on top of 1 sheet and lay the other pastry sheet over it, with 6 more sage leaves on top. Flour a rolling pin and roll out the pastry until it measures 30 x 20cm (12 x 8in).
- Cut the pastry in half lengthways, then cut each strip into 3 pieces. Spread 1tsp mustard on to each one.
- Place a sausage in the middle of each piece of pastry. Brush beaten egg along the long edges of pastry, then wrap it around the sausages and put, join down, on the lined baking sheet.
- Put this baking sheet on top of the hot one in the oven. Bake the rolls for 35 mins, until the pastry is golden brown and the sausages are cooked through. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 400(kcal)
- Fat 27.0g
- Saturates 12.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.