Coffee liqueur zabaglione
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 level tbsp golden caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cold strong coffee (1 tbsp coffee granules to 1 tbsp hot water)
- 2 tbsp Tia Maria (or Kahlua or Amarula)
- A little grated plain chocolate
- Dessert biscuits, to serve
Chill or freeze the unwhisked egg whites for up to 2 months. Use to make meringues.
- Whisk egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla in a large bowl, using an electric hand-whisk for ease. Whisk in the coffee and liqueur.
- Put the bowl over a pan of hot water and carry on whisking until the mixture is thick and doubled in volume — about 10 mins. Don’t let the water underneath touch the bowl or boil, or the mixture will curdle.
- Pour into glasses, sprinkle with grated chocolate. Serve straight away, with biscuits.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 160(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.