Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Use up any leftover turkey you might have with this simple risotto recipe. Ready in just 30 minutes - this recipe is a must over the busy festive period
- 500g cooked turkey
- 200g broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 100g carrots, cut into small julienne strips
- 100g red pepper, cut into small julienne strips
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g short grain rice
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Blanch broccoli florets, carrots and red peppers in boiling water for 2 minutes.Fry onions in oil until soft, then add the rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is cooked and mixture is creamy.
- Add garlic puree and cheese and stir well. Stir in cooked turkey meat and seasoning. Gently fold in the cooked vegetables and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 491(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.