Beef fajita jackets
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These fajita jackets are perfect for a quick dinner and great if you want to use up any leftover beef you might have.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1tbsp oil
- 300g rump or sirloin steak, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- ½ x 30g pack Fajita seasoning mix
- 4tbsp guacamole
For really crispy potatoes, prick the raw potatoes with a fork and bake in the oven for 1½ hours until tender
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Pierce the skins and cook both the jacket potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes on full power. Finish cooking in the oven for a further 10 minutes at 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Just before serving, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the steak, pepper and Fajita mix for 5 minutes.
- Cut the jackets in half and place a tablespoon of guacamole over each, top with beef fajita mix and serve with soured cream.