This vegetable soup recipe is a real healthy winter warmer that you'll want to make over and over again. Many of us struggle to reach the recommended target of 5 fruit and vegetables but this soup will provide 2 of those 5 servings. It is low in fat and rich in fibre which makes it filling and healthy and an excellent choice for anyone watching their weight. This vegetable soup recipe takes 45 mins and serves 4-6 people. If you don't like a certain vegetable included in this recipe you could swap it for another root vegetable instead.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 small leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 50g red lentils
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 100g green beans, trimmed and cut into short pieces
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 750ml dairy-free milk like Oatly Enriched or Organic oat drink
If wished, scatter over some grated cheese on each portion of soup. For a non-vegetarian soup, add some diced ham or sprinkle with chopped crispy bacon.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, carrot, parsnips and leeks and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the lentils, stock and simmer for 20 minutes, then add the green beans.
- Blend the corn flour with a little of the Oatly then add to the soup with the remaining Oatly and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Season and serve with crusty bread.