Roasted vegetable bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This quick eggy bake is a steal at just 91p per portion and it's packed full of vegetables. Vary the vegetables to suit your family's taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small red onions, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 150g open cup mushrooms
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp chopped flat parsley
Add bulk with a few potatoes and some flavour with onions
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Put all the vegetables in a square baking tray or roasting tin, add the oil and salt and pepper and toss well to mix. Roast for 15-20mins or until golden and tender.
- Beat the eggs together until smooth. Stir the parsley and eggs into the vegetables and return to the oven for a further 10mins or until the egg is set. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins before cutting into wedges and serving warm with salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 197(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.