Pear, apple and raspberry crumble
- 4 ripe pears
- 2 medium cooking apples
- 150g (5oz) frozen raspberries
- 200g (7oz) plain flour
- 100g (3½oz) ground almonds
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 125g (4oz) demerara sugar
- Handful of flaked almonds
Use other frozen fruits for the filling, such as plums, or forest fruits, with the pear and apple.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C.
- To make the crumble: Mix the flour and ground almonds in a bowl. Rub in the butter, then mix in all but 3 tbsp of the demerara sugar. Set aside.
- Peel, quarter and core the pears and apples. Thickly slice the apple and put all the fruit in a large ovenproof dish (preferably shallow) with the 3 tbsp of demerara sugar and 5 tablespoons water.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the top and sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Bake on a baking sheet for 50-60 mins until the juices start to bubble up through the crumble. Serve warm or cold with custard or cream, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 426(kcal)
- Fat 24.0g
- Saturates 10.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.