Cheesy aubergine cannelloni bake
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and diced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 12 cannelloni tubes
- 500g pot ready-made Four Cheese Sauce
- 125g pack mozzarella cheese, drained and grated
Use rolled-up fresh lasagne sheets, if you can’t find cannelloni.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for a few mins. Add the garlic and aubergine, and cook for 5 mins, then add the tomatoes with seasoning and the sugar. Simmer for 4-5 mins, until the aubergine has softened.
- Spoon a generous amount of the aubergine mixture into the cannelloni tubes and put in an ovenproof dish, spooning any left-over mixture into the dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over, sprinkle with the grated mozzarella and arrange the basil leaves on top. Bake for 30 mins until the cannelloni is tender.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 624(kcal)
- Fat 31.0g
- Saturates 15.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.