Slimming World beef stew
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
This guilt-free Slimming World's beef stew is the perfect winter warmer when you're on the Slimming World plan. It's really easy to make and packed full of flavour as well as vegetables and tender chunks of beef. There's no need to make a seperate dinner for your loved ones or the kids, they'll love this recipe just as much as you will. Tuck into traditional British tucker with a generous helping of Slimming World's beef stew – perfect comfort food for winter evenings! This recipe serves 4 people and takes around 2hrs and 10 mins to prepare and cook. The longer you leave this delicious stew to cook, the better it will taste.
- 12 shallots
- Low-fat oil spray
- 2 carrots
- 567g/1lb 4oz braising steak, all visible fat removed
- 1 level tbsp tomato puree
- 1 bouquet garni
- 170g/6oz closed cap mushrooms
- 2 level tsp onion gravy granules
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
If you can't find shallots, you can use 2 onions, peeled and sliced.
- Peel the shallots. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the shallots and fry for 5 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Slice the carrots, place in the pan with the steak, tomato puree, bouquet garni and 852ml/1½ pints water. Cover and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Halve the mushrooms, add to the pan with the shallots and simmer for a further 20 minutes. Sprinkle over the gravy granules and stir until thickened. Season to taste, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website