Alma Obregón's lollipop cupcakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Alma Obregó quirky lollipop cupcakes are the perfect pick-me-up. Serve with any lollipop you fancy, for a sweet treat your kids won't be able to resist
- 120g butter
- 140g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp grated orange zest
- 200g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60 ml milk
- 100 gr butter
- 225gr icing sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Mini-lollipops to decorate
Alma says: 'I chose acid oranges, to recreate the acid-sweet taste of lollipop'
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the sugar and orange zest into a bowl. Add butter and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs and orange juice. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl. Add the milk.
- Fill the cupcake cups (up to 3/4) with the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean).
- Remove from oven. Once the cupcakes have cooled, decorate with icing and mini Chupachups.
To make the buttercream:
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of your mixer. Mix all ingredients for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Spread buttercream over cupcakes and decorate with lollipops.