Weight Watchers plum Amaretto pudding
Skill level: Bit of effort
Weight Watchers plum Amaretto pudding is the perfect diet dessert. Soak fresh plums in Amaretto liqueur, Marsala or sherry, then bake them in a sweet batter for a sensational dessert you can enjoy on a diet! The rich Amaretto flavour along with the tangy, sweet flavour from the plums really works wonder together. This recipe serves 6 people and takes 1hr and 10 mins to prepare and bake. If you want to make this dessert extra special, serve with lashing of fresh cream or warm custard. This pud is perfect for enjoying after your roast dinner on a Sunday. A portion of this dessert works out at only 4 points per serving.
- 450g plums (without stones) fresh, quartered and pitted
- 4tbsp cream liqueurs, amaretto, Marsala or sweet sherry
- 110g flour, wheat, white, plain,
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium egg
- 300ml milk, skimmed
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 5 spray(s) calorie controlled cooking spray,
- 2tsp(level) icing sugar
For a change, use pitted fresh cherries instead of plums.
- Put the plums and liqueur, Marsala or sherry into a bowl. Cover and leave to soak for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make the batter by beating together the flour, salt, egg, milk, vanilla and caster sugar with a whisk. Cover and leave to stand alongside the plums.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°F / Gas Mark 6. Spray a 1.5 litre (2 ¾ pint) shallow ovenproof dish with low fat cooking spray.
- Drain the plums, reserving the liquid. Tip them into the prepared dish, then pour the batter over them. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until set and golden.
- Serve the pudding, drizzled with the reserved liquid and sprinkled with icing sugar.
Weight Watchers ProPoints® Value: 4