Weight Watchers courgette pesto and parmesan pizza
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is a brilliant pizza and it’s perfect for anyone who’s not too keen on tomatoes as it uses tasty red pesto on a ready made base - an easy family meal
- 1 spray(s) calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium courgette, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 1 medium thin & crispy pizza base, 9 inch
- 2 tsp dried oregano,
- 1 tsps salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 15g shaved parmesan cheese,
- 1 tsp basil to garnish
See your top 10 Weight Watchers recipes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and mist with low fat cooking spray. Gently fry the onions over a low heat until very soft, adding a splash of hot water, if needed.
- Pre-heat a char-grill pan or the grill. Mist the courgette slices with low fat cooking spray, then char-grill or grill them until tender.
- Spread the pesto sauce over the pizza base and top with the onions and courgette slices.
- Sprinkle with the dried oregano and season with a little salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, then serve, topped with shavings of Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.