Andalusian style chorizo with beans
- 250g (8oz) smoked chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 150ml (¼ pint) dry white wine
- 400g can plum tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 410g can cannellini beans or chickpeas
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Crusty bread, to serve
Instead of wine, you could use 4 tablespoons sherry with 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) water
- Fry the chorizo in a large frying pan, until it releases its oil. Add the onion, celery, red pepper and garlic, and cook until softened.
- Stir in the wine, plum tomatoes and seasoning and simmer for 15 mins stirring occasionally to break up the tomatoes, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the beans or chickpeas and simmer for a further 5 mins. Sprinkle generously with parsley and serve hot, or just warm.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 313(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.