Smoky cheese souffle omelette
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Good knob of butter
- Small handful chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 100g (3½oz) smoked Cheddar, coarsely grated
Lightly grill the top of the omelette after adding the cheese, if you like.
- Separate the eggs, with the whites in a medium bowl and the yolks in a larger bowl. Whisk the whites to soft peaks. Then whisk the yolks with the milk and season well. Add about a quarter of the whites to the yolks and stir in, then fold in the rest of the whites.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan frying pan. Add the omelette mixture and cook for 2-3 mins, until lightly set.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cheese, and let the cheese melt a bit. Fold the omelette over and slide it out on to a plate. Cut in half for serving, perhaps with fried tomatoes and wilted spinach.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 398(kcal)
- Fat 33.0g
- Saturates 17.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.