Chicken, leek and sweetcorn lasagne
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
We know you all love chicken as well as lasagne, so why not have both? Chopped chicken makes a great lasagne filling, especially when mixed with sweetcorn and leeks. Use turkey for a lower fat twist.
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 600g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped into small chunks
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 100g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 500g jar Dolmio Roasted Onion & Garlic Sauce for Lasagne
- 6-8 lasagne sheets (weighing about 100-135g)
- 470g jar Dolmio Creamy Sauce for Lasagne
- 25g grated Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh salad, to serve
You could add 100g sliced closed cup mushrooms to the mixture when you add the sweetcorn. Make sure you choose lasagne sheets that don’t need pre-cooking (most varieties sold are ready-to-use)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / fan oven 170°C / Gas 5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the chicken, stir-frying it over a high heat until seared and browned – about 3-4 minutes. Add the leeks and cook for a further 2-3 minutes
- Tip in the sweetcorn and the Dolmio Roasted Onion & Garlic Sauce for Lasagne, stir and bring to the boil, then remove from the heat.
- Tip half the mixture into a large rectangular baking dish, measuring about 26cm x 20cm. Arrange half the Lasagne sheets on top, then spread half the Dolmio Creamy Sauce for Lasagne over them. Repeat the layers, then sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the surface
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked and golden brown. Allow to stand for a few minutes, then serve with a fresh salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 308(kcal)
- Fat 9.3g
- Saturates 2.9g
- Sugars 8.0g
- Salt 1.3g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.