Hairy Bikers' Yorkshire macaroons
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
Learn how to make these traditional Yorkshire macaroons with this simple recipe from The Hairy Bikers. Using just 5 ingredients you can make these cute little cakes - perfect for afternoon tea!
- 2 egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 225g desiccated coconut
- 100g good-quality milk chocolate
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate
The best way to melt chocolate is to place it in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk the egg whites and sugar until frothy, then stir in the coconut and mix well. Use an egg cup to shape the mixture into ‘domes’ and turn these out onto the greaseproof paper. Repeat until all the mixture is used. Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave them to cool on the baking tray.
- When the macaroons are set, melt the chocolates in separate bowls. Dip the macaroons in the chocolate to coat half of each one and place on greaseproof paper to set. Coat some in milk chocolate and some in dark.