Children’s club sarnie
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Created by food writer and mum Jo Pratt, this this double-decker sarnie is filled with tasty tomato salsa, bacon, lettuce and cream cheese.
IngredientsFor 1 double-decker sandwich
- 3 slices of seeded bread e.g. Kingsmill's The Secretly Seeded One
- 50g cream cheese (low-fat if preferred)
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- ½ handful of diced red onion (optional)
- Handful of shredded crisp lettuce leaves (e.g. iceberg)
- 2 rashers of lean smoked back bacon, grilled and cut into smaller pieces
Food writer Jo Pratt says: 'Tomato is a delicious, healthy fruit so I've suggested it's finely chopped into a salsa and used as a healthy alternative to lots of mayonnaise.'
- To make the salsa, mix together the tomato with the red onion.
- Lightly toast the bread and spread the cream cheese onto two slices and the tomato salsa onto the third.
- Top one piece of the cream cheese toast with the lettuce, cover with the salsa toast, salsa side up. Sit the bacon onto the salsa.
- Finish by topping with the last slice of toast (cream cheese side down) and cut in half or quarters, holding each in place with some fun cocktail sticks.