Slimming World's spicy rice stuffed vegetables
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This tasty stuffed tomatoes and pepper recipe from Slimming World is the perfect healthy option for meal times - without compromising on flavour
- 227g/8oz dried short grain rice
- 8 large tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 75g pack watercress
If you fancy something a little meatier you can add chopped up bits of bacon to the rice mix
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, slice the tops off each tomato to make lids. Remove the middle from each tomato with a spoon and place all the seeds and pulp into a food processor. Add the green pepper, garlic, parsley, smoked paprika and seasoning and blitz to a purée. Take the blade out of the processor and stir in the drained rice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Arrange the tomato shells and halved peppers, cut side up, in a large ovenproof dish or roasting tin. Spoon the flavoured rice into each, roughly a dessertspoonful in each tomato and 2 dessertspoonfuls into the peppers. Cover the peppers with some foil and replace the tomato lids on the tomatoes.
- Roast the peppers and tomatoes in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely, cover and store in the fridge until required.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website