Slimming World's lamb rogan josh
Skill level: Bit of effort
A tasty, healthy curry in under an hour? Sounds too good to be true! This easy recipe from Slimming World lets you enjoy your curry without having to worry about the calories
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tsp each of ground coriander, paprika, ground ginger and chilli powder
- 454g/1lb lamb steak, all visible fat removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 x 2.5cm/1in pieces of cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- 198ml/7fl oz chicken stock
- 2 tsp artificial sweetener
- a small handful fresh coriander, chopped steamed mangetout, to serve
- Fry the onion and garlic in low calorie cooking spray until soft. Add all the powdered spices and fry for 1 minute (add a little water if it gets too dry).
- Add the lamb, tomatoes, bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, cloves, stock and sweetener and simmer for 30-35 minutes until reduced.
- Remove the bay leaf and cinnamon sticks. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve immediately with freshly steamed mangetout.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website