- 90g (3oz) cornflour
- Rind and juice of 3 oranges
- 250g (8oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 orange, segmented, or mandarin oranges, to decorate
- 6-8 small jelly moulds or 1.25 litre (2 pint) mould, lightly oiled
This recipe was included in a feature called 'Spring-cleaner cook.' They said: 'Families still need feeding even when mum is otherwise engaged with household chores.'
- Put the cornflour into a large bowl and blend in about 100ml (3½fl oz) water taken from 900ml (1½ pints). Put the rest of the water in a pan. Add the rind from the oranges and the sugar. Warm it gently and when the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil and pour the liquid into the cornflour mixture, stirring all the time.
- Beat in the eggs, lemon and orange juices. Mix well and pour it all back into the pan. Bring the mixture to the boil and cook for a minute. Pour into moulds and leave to set.
- Dip the moulds in hot water and turn out on to serving plates. Decorate with orange segments or mandarin oranges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 210(kcal)
- Fat 2.0g
- Saturates 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.