- 410g can evaporated milk
- 5 level tbsp (60g/2oz) semolina
- 2 level tbsp caster sugar
- 1½ level tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- A few drops of vanilla extract, optional
- Tea or coffee cups
This recipe and be prepared ahead and is delicious either hot or cold
- Pour the evaporated milk into a measuring jug and make up to 600ml (1 pint) with water. Put the semolina, sugar and cocoa in a large bowl and mix in about 4tbsp milk to make a paste. Gradually mix in the rest of the liquid. Add vanilla, if you like.
- Cook in the microwave on full power for 5 mins, and then stir well. Cook for 3 mins, stir well, and cook for 2 more mins and stir again. Leave to stand for a couple of mins, then pour into the cups. Serve hot or cool, dusted with cocoa powder.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 127(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 3.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.