Stuffed breast of lamb
- 1 breast of lamb (about 500g/1lb), ready boned
- 1 tablespoon dripping, lard or oil
- 90g (3oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 rashers lean bacon, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 2 tbs freshly chopped parsley
- 3 tbs milk
- Salt and ground
For more flavour from cheap cuts of meat roast longer at a lower temperature.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C.
- To make the stuffing: Mix all the ingredients together. Spread the stuffing over the opened-out breast of lamb, then roll it up and tie it with string in 4 places. Rub the joint with salt.
- Heat the dripping, lard or oil in a roasting tin, add the joint and baste it. Roast for 2 hours. Serve with baby Chantenay carrots and new potatoes, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 372(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.