Spicy peanut chicken
Cooking time:(on low slow cooker setting - 3 hours on high)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A rich curry in a creamy peanut sauce, this easy slow cooker recipe will be a favourite with all the family and it only takes 15 mins to prepare
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large potato, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- Chopped salted peanuts for garnish
When cleaning your slow cooker never put cold water straight into it as it may crack, leave it to cool or use warm water
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker stoneware and arrange the potato around the edge.
- In a bowl combine the onion, garlic, peanut butter and plain flour, gradually add the canned tomatoes, mix well to form a thick sauce, season well. Stir in the cumin, chilli, sugar, turmeric and soy sauce. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook on Low for 5-6 hours, or alternatively 3 hours on High.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve with boiled rice.