Beef pot roast
Cooking time:(on low slow cooker setting)
Skill level: Easy peasy
A roast joint that can be left to cook itself in the slow cooker, leaving you to spend more time with the family. A great low-effort dinner option
- 1 beef brisket joint, approximately 750g in weight
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut in half lengthways, then into 4cm chunks
- ½ small swede, cut into chunks
- 1 glass red wine or beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Bay leaf
Delicious served with mashed potato and buttered Savoy cabbage.
- Place the joint in the slow cooker stoneware and arrange the vegetables around the joint.
- Mix together the wine or stock and tomato puree, pour over the brisket and cook on Low for 5-6 hours, or until the meat is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
- The meat juices will make delicious gravy. If thicker gravy is preferred mix a little cold water with some corn flour and a couple of spoonfuls of juice in a small pan, add the remaining liquid and bring to the boil to thicken.