Caramel peach muffin
Cooking time:(on low slow cooker setting - 1-2 hours on high)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Fancy doing some baking but don't have much time? Use your slow cooker! It takes just 10 mins to prepare this easy muffin
- 60g / 2╝oz castor sugar - for the caramel
- 410g can peach halves in syrup, drained, but keep 50ml / 2fl oz syrup from the tin
- 2 pinches salt
- 200g / 7oz self raising flour
- 70g / 2Żoz castor sugar
- 150ml / ╝ pint milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 40g / 1Żoz unsalted butter, melted
Serve warm with a large spoon of clotted cream on top.
- Place 60g / 2╝ oz sugar into the slow cooker stoneware and cook on the hob over a low heat until the sugar melts and turns a light caramel. Add the peach halves to the dish, round side down.
- Mix the salt, flour and 70g / 2Żoz sugar in a large bowl. Add the milk, eggs and 50ml / 2fl oz syrup and beat to a light batter but do not overbeat.
- Meanwhile place the stoneware onto the heating base. Brush the inside of the stoneware with melted butter, then add the remainder to the batter mix.
- Pour the batter mix over the caramel peaches. Place the lid on top and cook on Low for 2-3 hours, or on High for 1-2 hours.
- Once cooked carefully run a knife around the outside of the muffin, place a small plate on top and carefully invert onto the plate.