Beef meatballs in tomato and mushroom sauce
Cooking time:(on high slow cooker setting)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This easy meatball recipe really couldn't be simpler. Just make the meatballs and put them in your slow cooker with the sauce and leave to simmer
- 500g minced beef
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50g wholemeal bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 150ml boiling water
Delicious served with buttered pasta.
- Mix together the beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and herbs. Shape into 16 small balls.
- Place the meatballs in the slow cooker, add the tomatoes, tomato puree, mushrooms and stock. Cook on High for 3 hours.