Banana and mascarpone stuffed pancakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Save time with this easy recipe by using ready-made pancakes. Fill with a tasty banana and mascarpone mix and drizzle with a rich chocolate sauce Ė itís the perfect pancake recipe to treat yourself this week and is a great one to try on Shrove Tuesday if you fancy something a little different this pancake day. Otherwise these banana and mascarpone filled pancakes do just make the perfect treat at the weekend if you want a dessert that feels really indulgent. Whatís more, this recipe makes enough pancakes for six people and is really cheap to put together, so itís a winner on all fronts if you want to feed a crowd without spending too much. Bananas are a great source of vitamins and potassium, so youíve got one healthy aspect in this dessert too. Try it this weekend and youíll have a new favourite dessert recipe.
- 1 pack of ready-made pancakes Make your own pancakes with this simple recipe
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- Icing sugar to taste
- 4 small bananas, peeled and chopped
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
Try adding a few drops of Tabasco to the chocolate sauce to give it a kick Ė it really works!
- Preheat the oven and warm the pancakes as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together the mascarpone, orange zest and sweeten to taste with icing sugar. Fold in the bananas and set to one side.
- To make the chocolate sauce, place the orange juice and golden syrup in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water and gently heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Spread the mascarpone mixture onto the pancakes and fold each in half and half again. Place on a serving dish or individual dishes and drizzle each with hot chocolate sauce. Serve straight away