Seafood and Spanish sausage with kale
- 1 tbs pine nuts
- 100g (3½oz) Spanish chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 200g (7oz) wild Atlantic raw scallops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- About 100g (3½oz) curly kale
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove the white, opaque muscle from the scallops before cooking them.
- Heat a frying pan or wok, add the pine nuts and cook them over a high heat for a min or two, to brown. Tip out and set aside.
- Put the chorizo in the pan and cook over a gentle heat until the fat starts to run, then turn up the heat, add the pepper and garlic and stir-fry for a few mins. Take out of the pan with a draining spoon and set aside in a warm bowl.
- Put the pan back on the heat, add the scallops and fry for 1-2 mins on each side until lightly browned. Add to the chorizo mixture in the bowl.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the kale and stir-fry for 2 mins. Put the scallop and sausage mixture back in the pan, heat through for a minute, season, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve straight from the pan.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 250(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.