Coconut and lime cake
If the top becomes too brown near the end of the cooking time, cover with a piece of parchment.
IngredientsFor the cake:
- 175g (6oz) butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 250g (7oz) condensed milk, such as Carnation
- 40g (1½oz) desiccated coconut
- finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g (3½oz) icing sugar
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, (150°C for fan ovens), Gas Mark 3.
- Grease and base line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Place all the cake ingredients into a large bowl and beat using an electric hand whisk until just smooth and pale.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 55-65 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 304(kcal)
- Fat 18.1g
- Saturates 11.4g
- Sugars 19.8g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.