Crispy salmon and potato sauté
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 500g (1lb) potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 300g (10oz) salmon fillet, cut in 2
- About 15g (½oz) butter
- Finely grated lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
Short of time? Use scrubbed, unpeeled, sliced new potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a heavybased pan and fry the potato slices gently for 5 mins, until they are browned underneath. Turn them and cook for about 5 mins, until golden on the other side. Push them to one side of the pan, so that they continue cooking gently. Add the garlic.
- Season the salmon. Add the butter to the clear side of the pan. When it has melted, put in the salmon fillets, skin-side down. Cook for a few mins, then turn them over, sprinkle with the lemon zest and cook for a few more mins until the fish is tender.
- Stir the parsley and capers into the potatoes. Squeeze lemon juice over the fish and then flip it back, skin-side up. Serve with the potatoes.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 550(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.