Chinese salmon parcel
- 250g (8oz) salmon fillet
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 pinches of Chinese Five Spice powder
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 125g (4oz) sugar-snap peas, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil to serve:
- 125g (4oz) dried egg noodles,
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Thickly cut lime slices
- 2 x 30cm (12in) sheets of baking parchment
Cook noodles in a pan of boiling salted water for 4 mins, if you prefer.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Cut the salmon into 2 triangular-shaped pieces and put in the middle of each sheet of baking parchment. Season with salt, pepper and Five Spice.
- Sprinkle the garlic, spring onions, red pepper and sugar snaps on top. Drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Fold the baking parchment over and fold in the ends to make a parcel. Bake on a baking tray for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the noodles into a large ovenproof dish and pour 900ml (1½ pints) boiling water over them. Cover with foil and put into the oven for 10 mins, to soften.
- Drain the noodles and toss them with the teriyaki sauce. Serve with the salmon parcels and lime slices.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 579(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.