Chicken madras curry with sour cream and chive dip
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This spicy curry and creamy dip are perfect together. Heat things up with the chicken madras and then cool down your tongue with the sour cream! If you want to recreate the spice of your favourite chicken curry take away this week, give this lovely recipe a go and youíll not be disappointed Ė using Madras curry paste that you can pick up easily in the shops, red lentils and onion, this dish is full of spicy flavour. If youíve got family members that will need a little relief from the spice, then donít worry, as this spicy curry recipe is served up with a fresh sour cream and chive dip that will help cool down any hot mouths! This chicken curry recipe serves four people, so itís a great curry to try if youíre feeding a crowd this week. Plus, whatís even better is that it only takes 45 minutes in total to put together and cook!
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g/1lb chicken fillet, skinned and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 45ml/3tbsp Madras curry paste
- 75g/3oz split red lentils
- 300ml/1/2pt chicken stock
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 50g/2oz creamed coconut, chopped
- 1 (200g) pot of fresh sour cream and chive dip
- pilau rice and naan bread to serve
Make this curry vegetarian using a veggie substitute for chicken and vegetable stock instead
- To make this chicken curry, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the chicken and onions and sautť over a medium heat for 10 mins until both are golden. Add the curry paste and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the lentils, stock, tomatoes and coconut. Cover and simmer for 25-30 mins or until the sauce has thickened and the lentils are tender. Season to taste and serve with the sour cream and chive dip spooned over.