Vegetable beany bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This cheap, quick and easy vegetable bake is a hearty vegetarian dish that's sure to be a hit with the whole family. Plus it's packed full of goodness!
- 400g can of Vegetable soup
- ½ x 410g can of Lentils, drained
- 820g can of potatoes, drained
- 420g can of cut green beans, drained
- 300g can of broad beans, drained
- Large bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- Large handful breadcrumbs
Try adding some grated cheddar cheese to the top of the bake for an extra treat
- Place the cut green beans, broad beans and soup into a flat ovenproof dish and mix together.
- Mash the potatoes in a large bowl using the milk to soften and add the chopped parsley.
- Spread the mashed potato over the top of the mixture in the dish.
- Sprinkle some fresh breadcrumbs over the top of the potato and then place in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes at 240°C/475°F/Gas Mark 9. Serve when ready.