Sea bass with squash and stir-fry
- 250g (8oz) frozen butternut squash (from a 500g pack)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 220g pack of 2 frozen sea bass fillets
- 150g (5oz) frozen cauliflower florets
- 125g (4oz) frozen peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp frozen chopped basil (we used Birds Eye)
This recipe will work well with any frozen fish and different herbs.
- Put the butternut squash in a bowl and microwave on full power for about 5 mins, until hot and soft enough to mash with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan, add half the oil and fry the sea-bass fillets for about 3 mins on one side. Flip them over and cook for 1-2 mins on the other side. Take out of the pan and put on a tray in a warm oven.
- Add the cauliflower to the hot oil left in the pan and cook for a few mins, until itís thawed and tinged brown, then stir in the peas.
- Season the mashed squash and spoon on to 2 plates. Add the fish and the stir-fried vegetables.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and add the garlic. Cook until just brown, then add the basil. Spoon it over the fish and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 331(kcal)
- Fat 15.5g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.