Creamy spinach chicken pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
For a quick and tasty chicken pasta dish that the whole family will love, pick this great creamy spinach chicken pasta recipe. It's a simple mid-week meal by celeb chef Donal Skehan. This delicious, easy to make dish will take only 25 mins to prepare and cook and serves around 4 people. The soft spinach, creamy sauce and tender pieces of chicken work wonders together alongside the pasta. It's great for sharing with the whole family and a great way of sneaking vegetables into your child's diet too. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving again the next day.
- 300g (11oz) tagliatelle
- A knob of butter
- 400g (14oz) skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thick strips
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g (2oz) ready-to-use sun-dried tomatoes
- 150g (5oz) baby spinach leaves
- 250ml (81/2fl oz) single cream
- A generous pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Try swapping the chicken for peppers if you want a vegetarian version of this meal
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat and, when foaming, fry the chicken for 4–6 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach and fry until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cream, bring to a steady simmer and cook for 3–4 minutes, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce. Toss well and serve straightaway.
Recipe taken from Kitchen Hero by Donal Skehan (Collins £20) www.donalskehan.com