Easy chocolate fudge
Try any nuts or dried fruit you like in this recipe Ė pecans, pistachios, walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds all work really well. Or you could try adding cranberries, blueberries or even mini marshmallows!
- 400g (14oz) dark or milk chocolate
- 397g can condensed milk
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 100g (3Ĺoz) icing sugar
- 55g (2oz) roasted chopped nuts (optional)
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks and place in a non-stick saucepan with the condensed milk and butter, heat very gently, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. (Alternatively place these ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 10-20 second bursts, stirring frequently until the mixture is silky smooth).
- Beat the icing sugar into the mixture until combined thoroughly. Press the fudge into a 18cm (7in) square tin, smooth over the top and press the nuts into the surface, if using.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour until set, cut into squares.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.