Aldo Zilli's broccoli and Stilton pie
If you want to make your own puff pastry we have an easy step-by-step recipe
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 600g broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 200g stilton, cut into cubes,
- salt and ground black peppe rto taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Pre heat the oven to 100C, and grease a pie dish. Roll out the puff pastry and line with one sheet, trim the edges but leave some over the rim of the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Cut the remaining pastry into strips (or you can leave whole) place the baked pie dish and the strips in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cook the onions in the olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes add the broccoli and rosemary and cook for about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the stilton. Stir until the mixture is well combined. Season to taste.
- Place in the pie shell and arrange the strips on top like a lattice or if you have left whole place on top and press the edges together, prick with a fork.
- Brush the beaten egg on top and cook for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden and the filling is warmed through.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.