Fancy fruit trifles
- 220g can apricot halves in fruit juice
- 295g can mandarin oranges in fruit juice
- 3 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp thickening granules
- 60g (2oz) ratafia biscuits
- 4 tbsp sweet sherry
- 500g tub fresh custard
- 170g tub 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 4 sundae glasses
You can make your own custard, using 600ml (1 pint) custard made following the instructions on the tin. Chill for at least 30 minutes before topping with the yogurt.
- Drain the juice from the cans of fruit into a jug and add 1 teaspoon of the honey. Microwave on High for 1 min, add the thickening granules and microwave on High for another min. Stir until thickened and smooth. Cool for a few mins.
- Reserve one ratafia biscuit and arrange the rest in the glasses. Sprinkle with the sherry. Arrange the fruit on top, and then spoon in the thickened juice. Cool for 10 mins.
- Pour custard over. Spoon on a large dollop of Greek yogurt and sprinkle with the last ratafia biscuit, crumbled between your fingers. Drizzle with rest of the honey, just before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 312(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.