Fast fish burger
- About 400g (14oz) white fish fillet, skinned (we tried it with coley, hake and pollack)
- 5 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 1 rounded tbsp capers, rinsed
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A little flour
- To serve: Soft roll or rustic bread, salad leaves, sliced cucumber and tartare sauce
Add a dash of tomato ketchup to the tartare sauce for extra flavour
- Finely chop the fish or put it in a food processor and whizz briefly, so that itís still chunky. Add the parsley, capers, lemon zest and seasoning. Squeeze the mixture well in your hand to drain out any water, then shape into 3 burgers about 9cm (3Ĺin) in diameter. Chill to firm, if you have time.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sprinkle a little flour on burgers. Cook them over a low to medium heat for about 3 mins each side, until browned and just cooked. Serve in the roll or bread, with salad and tartare sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 141(kcal)
- Fat 5.0g
- Saturates 0.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.