Healthy chicken tikka
This dish can be served in pitta bread (slit down one side) with lettuce and sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon red chilli paste
- 450g/1lb skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- Mix the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, black pepper and chilli paste and spoon this mixture over the chicken. Allow to marinate for 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the cumin and chopped onion and cook on a medium heat until brown.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and add the chicken to the pan. Cook on a high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fenugreek, tomato purée, garam masala and cumin coriander powder.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the crème fraîche and coriander before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 136(kcal)
- Fat 4.9g
- Saturates 1.3g
- Sugars 2.4g
- Salt 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.