Lemon chicken stir-fry with noodles
Prep time:(plus 1 hour marinating time)
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Lemon chicken stir-fry is a really quick and filling choice that you can have dished up on the table in 30 minutes! This stir-fry serves two, but if you wanted to make it for a family, simply double up on your ingredients. You can't beat a good old chicken stir-fry if you're after something super speedy that won't fail to disappoint. If you've got the time, marinate your chicken in the spices for an extra deep flavour - an hour or two would be ideal, but if not, the flavours will still come together in the pan. This is a zingy and flavoursome stir-fry that the whole family will love.
Serve the stir-fry with fresh green vegetables for an extra health boost
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 175g (6oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cm (½ in) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g (3 1/2oz) dried medium egg noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small leek. washed and thinly sliced
- 100g (3 ½oz) mangetout, trimmed
- 55g (2oz) bean sprouts
- 2-4 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp dry sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2-3 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce, or to taste
- To make this chicken breast recipe, combine lemon zest and juice, coriander, half the garlic and the black pepper in a non-metallic dish.
- Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a non-stick wok over a medium-high heat dry-fry sesame seeds until toasted; set aside.
- Add oil to wok; stir-fry ginger and remaining garlic for 30 seconds. Add chicken and marinade; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions; drain well and keep hot.
- Add carrot and leek to wok; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Add stock. sherry and soy sauce; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add hot noodles and sesame seeds; toss and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 436(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
- Sugars 9.0g
- Salt 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.